|Yet another valuable meeting!|
To try to get better at this whole meeting thing, let's try something new. Here are some rules to consider.
- Schedule only the time you really need for the meeting. Getting done early is ok. Everyone will appreciate you for it. My rule of thumb is keep it under an hour. After that you lose everyone's attention.
- An agenda must be published at least one day prior to the meeting - no agenda, no meeting. I suggest including the agenda right in the meeting invitation.
- Any supporting materials must be distributed at least one day before the meeting
- Think twice before making a meeting recurring - there is a time and place for it, just use it wisely.
- Only invite those that have to be there. No need to FYI people about your meeting.
- Each meeting shall have a time keeper - this helps keep everyone focused
- All meetings start on time
- Be on time
- Checking email, texting, etc is forbidden - Consider installing a mobile phone basket outside the meeting rooms. Prior to entry you must put your phone in the basket.
- Stick to the agenda
- No meetings shall go into overtime
- Meeting minutes must be published within one day of the meeting. If not, the meeting never happened.
Remember, if the meeting doesn't bring value, why meet?